ISO 9001 2000 Management systems
There is no such thing as a business without administration. As your company develops so too will the administration requirement, not only to keep records, but to leave rational trails back to all the activities of the business. We have moved on from the days of having unique and individual company approaches in administration terms. Business today wants to know that your company has all of its activities well-defined and fully assessed, in the policy and procedures that expose your service knowledge. Without knowledge of the activities and service outcomes you are doomed to at best to struggle and stay as you are, at worst, to deliver a poor out-come for You and your Client.
So here are the big secrets to success:
- Start off with a good product worth selling in a competitive marked place.
- Make sure you have complete control over the requirements to deliver every time, as an ideal -and when not, have systems to recover the issue.
- Ensure your approach has your customer’s requirements in ‘mind’ and in ‘practice’.
- Ensure the procedures are backed-up by well thought out policies and ensure their procedures are in place, to ensure production and service delivery, as well as after sales support, all must exist.
- To ensure your continued success and development there must be determination and desire to train and evolve.
Note of advice, Reality Pill!
- Without the determination and desire for continued development, your market/niche will slip away. It’s a matter of business logic and survival. As it is in nature, one animal’s kill, can quickly become another’s lunch. If that instinct to develop and defend is not in you, then stick to your artisan abilities or employment, by which I mean your direct labour value. Be happy with your focus on your personal adventures in life. Business is not for all, it’s a way of life.
As a word of wisdom, “A good man is a happy man, and a happy man is a man who knows his place”.
For those who haven’t been put off, I can confirm one of the great tools that are used by all successful companies whether it is called by one name or another. The name I wish to choose to call it by is its internationally excepted name ISO 9001 2000 or QMS. Quality Management Systems are a wonderful tool kit, for those who fully understand its value and Application. The ISO 9001 2000 tool kit, is the skeleton, on which the successful companies we see growing and succeeding use religiously and their knowledge of their business ‘could not’ exist, without some variant of this system if not the specific item.
Ray Tricker is an excellent author of ISO books on this subject and whilst I will take you through the subject, my offer, is to teach and develop your knowledge in this and other related business practices, on a person to person basis. If you wish to contact me for consultancy on this subject and other matters of business development processes and tools drop me a line and I will contract you directly.
Now obviously there are other elements also, in the ingredients to success. ISO or QMS are where the activity of rational consideration and alteration of practice to best practice begin, in our pursuit of understanding and development. I will leave a short videos at the bottom to illustrate one of those elements from a great thinker W. Edward Deming
I am more than happy to direct my visitors to Ray’s site he is truly a fine gentleman with exceptional knowledge and tools to offer companies looking to develop in this area, as in others. Whilst our interest clash, I have great respect for Ray’s qualities and expertise. Also, in my view, there are great numbers of companies who can profit from such systems and good advice, leaving plenty for all, on the table of opportunities to be shared.
Knowledge and Approach
Dr. Edward Deming was a 91 year old visionary at the time of these videos, who has had his views on business validated by his success in teaching the Japanese managers how to find success. Looking at their production, quality and delivery to the customer, all of the elements that make-up, both best product and best practice. Whilst his tool is recorded statistical data, the uses of that data is for continual improvement of every practice the company undertakes during its existence.